By booking in your repair, you are accepting all following terms and conditions
- All in warranty repairs within 50km of capital city locations - shipping to and pickup from the Service & Repair Centre are the responsibility of Panasonic.
- All in warranty repairs over 50km of capital city locations - shipping to and pickup from the Service & Repair Centre are the responsibility of the Customer, unless prior arrangements are made. Please contact our Service & Repair Centre for freight cost quotations if required.
- Any repair booked in as an in warranty repair and deemed to be out of warranty by Panasonic - shipping to and pickup from the Service & Repair Centre will become the responsibility of the owner and all associated cost will be charged to the customer, unless prior arrangements are made.
- All out of warranty repairs - shipping to and pickup from the Service & Repair Centre are the responsibility of the owner unless prior arrangements are made. Please contact our office for freight costs if required.
- For all repairs deemed out of warranty and or No Fault Found, there is an Inspection Fee of $150 + GST payable. This Inspection Fee is excluding any freight costs.
Payment must be made to Panasonic or its Service & Repair Centre prior to goods being shipped at all times.
Prior to packing & shipping your TOUGHBOOK
- All sensitive, personal and confidential information is removed from the HDD/SSD.
- All your data is backed up from the HDD/SSD. Panasonic Service & Repair Centre takes no responsibility for loss of Data, Information or Software.
- The TOUGHBOOK is packaged appropriately in a suitable box for shipping. No responsibility will be accepted for goods damaged as a result of inadequate packaging by the Customer or sender.
Please ensure that on the outside of the box, you have clearly labeled the following:
Panasonic Service & Repair Centre
RMA # (will be provided by reply email)
66 Glendenning Road (rear)
Glendenning, NSW 2761
1300 227 987
Following all repairs
- Labour and spare parts used in repairs will be warranted for three months from the time of repair for out of warranty repairs and for the balance of the warranty period remaining on the original warranty for in warranty repairs.
- Parts installed in the unit become the property of the customer.
- All faulty parts remain the property of Panasonic.
If the problem is related to the HDD/SSD and the HDD/SSD has to be replaced, the Service & Repair Centre will only load the Panasonic pre-installed Operating System image on to the new HDD/SSD.
If the arranged Panasonic preferred courier does not arrive within 24 hours after receiving your Con Note, please contact the Service & Repair Centre on 1300 227 987. Panasonic will organise a courier on your behalf, however cannot be held responsible for couriers turning up late or not at all.
Panasonic will provide a repair estimate for out of warranty work.
The estimate must be accepted or rejected within 2 weeks from date the estimate is provided to you. If Panasonic receives no advice from you within a further 2 weeks of our estimate being provided to you and/or you do not arrange for the collection of the product from Panasonic by that time, you acknowledge that Panasonic will become the beneficial owner of the product and you will release all rights over the product to recover or make any claim from Panasonic. Panasonic further reserves the right to dispose of the unit, if following the four week period, you do not respond to Panasonic or arrange for the collection of the product.
Panasonic provides a three month warranty on work completed. This is limited to parts replaced and labour performed on the job.
All efforts will be made to complete the repair within a reasonable time frame based on the individual requirements of each service request.
In addition please refer to the warranty terms and conditions for Personal Notebook computers, as listed on the Panasonic Connect Oceania website (https://oc.connect.panasonic.com/au/en/toughbook-support-centre), these terms and conditions may change without notice.
If you have any questions please call the Panasonic Service and Repair Centre on 1300 227 987.
Where a service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes Panasonic’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property.
The replacement product or part will be in proper working order and functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part may not be new.
Except to the extent permitted by law the replacement product or part will be warranted for the balance of the period remaining on the warranty of the original product.
Products and/or parts presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished product or parts of the same type rather than being repaired. Products and parts that are repaired may be repaired using refurbished parts. Product repair may result in the loss of data, if the product to be repaired contains or is capable of retaining user generated data.
The Service and Repair terms for work provide you with specific legal rights. You also have other rights under law, including under the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights or rights at law, including rights that cannot be waived or limited by contract.
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The services only apply to unaltered Panasonic products and parts and do not apply to third party products which have been added by the user. Only Panasonic products and parts which are contained in the original product are eligible for replacement.
The services do not cover the following:
- Loss of or damage to your data.
- Any software programs, except to the extent that is stated in these terms and conditions.
- Failure or damage resulting from misuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, natural disasters, power outages, or improper handling or maintenance.
- Damage caused by non authorised service providers.
- Peripheral or third party products except to the extent that is stated in these terms and conditions.
- Failure of or damage caused by third party products.
- Any technical or other support, such as assistance with questions and those regarding product set up and installation except to the extent stated in these terms and conditions.
Limitation of liability
Panasonic is only responsible for the loss or damage to your product while it is in its possession or in transit, if Panasonic is responsible for the transportation.
Panasonic is not responsible for the loss or disclosure of any data, including any confidential information, proprietary information, or personal information, contained in the product.
Except as otherwise excluded by law, Panasonic, including its officers, employees and affiliates or service providers shall not be liable for any of the following even if informed of their possibility regarding of whether the claim is based upon contract, warranty, negligence, strict liability or other forms of liability 1) Third party claims for damages, 2) Loss of, disclosure of, or damage to data, 3) special, incidental, consequential, punitive or indirect damages, or 4) any loss of profits, business revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings. In no case shall the total liability of Panasonic, its officers, employees, affiliates or service providers for damages from any cause exceed the amount of actual direct damages, not the amount paid for the product or service.
If you obtain services from Panasonic, your contact information, including name, phone numbers, address and email address may be collected by Panasonic from you directly or from our authorised service providers and used in connection with performing the services. We may also contact you to inquire about the services. In accomplishing these purposes, we may provide your information to a third party or related party we use to support us in providing the services. These third parties and related parties may be located outside of Australia. We require all parties to whom we disclose your contact information to only use that information for the purposes of supporting Panasonic to provide the services. We may also provide your contact information where required or permitted by law.